919.589.4170 info@whiteoaklegal.com



Property Division in Wake County
Wake County is the second most populated county in North Carolina. Under North Carolina law, the court will divide the “marital property” and “divisible property” through a process called “Equitable Distribution.”
How does the court distribute property?
The court will determine the distribution of all marital property using a 3-step analysis. Assets are first identified, valued, and then distributed. An action for Equitable Distribution can be filed by either spouse.
Can an attorney help me?
An attorney can be useful to avoid errors, but also when there is disappearance or any sort of marital waste. You want to obtain the best possible outcome based on the facts of your case. Attorney’s are especially helpful when your, or you spouse, have significant pre-marital, or inherited, assets. Get more details on Equitable Distribution when divorcing.
Call Now!
Message Us