10 Books to Read When Going Through a Separation or Divorce
There’s nothing like the escapism that a good book offers — especially if you’re going through a separation or divorce. After all, there’s only so much crying, take-out binging, and general wallowing you can do — at some point, you need a mental break.
To that end, we’ve compiled a list of 10 books that will help you heal during and after your divorce — or at the very least, will provide hours of healthy distraction.
- How to Sleep Alone in a King-Size Bed: A Memoir of Starting Over by Theo Pauline Nestor
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Milking the Moon: A Southerner’s Story of Life on This Planet by Eugene Walter
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay by Mira Kirschenbaum
- The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World by the Dalai Lama
- Co-Parenting Works!: Helping Your Children Thrive After Divorce by Tammy Daughtry
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- Stop Walking on Eggshells by Paul T. Mason, MS and Randi Kreger